Faith and Disability Roundtable Event: Birmingham 25th July
This unique Roundtable Event will provide an opportunity to bring faith communities together and reflect on shared universal values. We will see how these values can be put into practice ensuring the spiritual and cultural needs of families with disabled children are supported.
Date: Thursday 25th July 2013
Time: 9.45am – 12.45pm
Venue: Nishkam Centre, 6 Soho Road, Handsworth, Birmingham, B21 9BH
Light refreshments will be provided.
Please come and share your views and help us to ensure this innovative Roundtable discussion changes lives.
The discussion will include:
· Working together to increase the awareness and understanding regarding disabilities in our faith communities?
· Families sharing their experiences of having a disabled child and the challenges of being involved in their respective faith communities
· Removing the barriers and improving the experiences of families with disabled children access their faith settings and activities, providing inclusivity?
· How faith communities are supporting disabled children, young people and their families and what more could be done?
· What the role of Faith communities is in supporting disabled children, young people and their families?
Can you please complete the reply form or RSVP to book your place by Friday 12th July 2013.
Please do get in touch with us if you wish to discuss the above event or issues raised further.
Janet Cooper Administrator
Include Me TOO
Newhampton Arts Centre
Tel: 01902 711604/01902 399888